Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

2nd Full Marathon

Yes, I did it again!!!  My second Full Marathon....42km of madness!

In a way, it's the same story as last year.  I had BIG plans to train but somehow never quite got round to doing it.  Not to say I didn't do anything, but just not quite enough.

About 2.5 months before the run, I decided to stop the gym membership near my house and signed up for at a new gym near my office. Main driving force was I just got sick and tired of being stuck in traffic for 1 hour plus every single morning. And somehow, the chances of there being a road accident (thus making the traffic 10x worse) just have to increase when I have early morning meetings.  Grrrr!  

So anyway, it was tough at first but I somehow got into the groove of the new routine.  I wake the girls up just before 6am, see them off with uncle transporter, get myself ready and then leave the house before 6.45am. With this, I get about 45 minutes of workout time before starting work. Almost every weekday.  Saturday is rest day. On Sundays, I go for a hike with hubby. Not too bad!   But....unfortunately not enough to properly train for a full marathon. I'm supposed to do long slow distance runs regularly. With my routine, I typically only get in about 6km non stop run on the treadmill.  Max was up to 8.5km the week before the actual run. 

Before I knew it, April 8th came closer and closer.  Kept telling myself - Ready or not, here I come!  
I was really, really nervous before the run. What if my muscle cramps up?   What if I throw up?  What if I just don't have the energy to go on?  Will I have to sit on the sweeper bus? 
Had butterflies in my stomach practically the whole day on April 7th. 


Morning of April 8th
1.55 am : Alarm rang  (aaargghhhhh......why oh why?????) 
2.30 am : Left the house
3+ am : Arrive Dataran Merdeka.  
4am :  Official flag off 
4.08am : Officially crossed the starting line.   Run, run, run, walk, walk, curse, curse, run, run all the way to KM 42. 
10.30am  : DONE!! 



Happy to complete my FM


Front of Medal 

Back 


Timing was 6 hours, 22 minutes.  I was pretty pleased !!! Last year was about 6 hrs, 50 minutes so I shaved off almost half an hour from my timing.

After effect was pretty bad especially when coming down the staircase.  I had to walk sideways and had to hang on to the staircase railing for dear life! lol.  Wore flats to work for 3 days.  On Thursday, could finally wear my heels and got back to the gym for light exercise.

Happy to have completed my second Full Marathon.  Yayyyyy!!!!

4 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

wah wah wah!! Congrats!! It is such a feat and really something I don't think I'd ever be able to do since I hate running and have bad knees haha.. so happy for you too :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Small Kucing said...

FM! wah...salute!!!

hahahah...worth walking like crab the next day. The sense of acomplishment .

Small Kucing said...

kids didnt join the kids Dash ka? sorry ya...am not up todate coz have not been blogging for few months

Adrine said...

Ai - tq!!!! And I definitely cannot lift the amount of weights like you do either. Super envious of your body fat %. Mine is not even close!

Kathy - tq too! haha.... ya, crab for 2 days, glory forever. wuahhahhaaa. Actually, i didn't realise kids dash was one day earlier if not I would have signed Elyssa up. Mebbe next yr.