Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018

Happy New Year 2018!


Feels so surreal.  2017 over and done with already??  Where did all the time go? 
I do wish I have been more dilligent in posting their updates!  Both girls are growing up so fast.

Random sisterly shots:

Helping to make their breakfast - Choc chip muffins 


Playing with Giant Bubbles 
 

Playing with Make Up
They love this particular Watsons pharmacy cos there are many makeup testers   

Happy with their Cookie Names! 

Say Cheese!

Just walking together..

Uhmm.....more make up 

They alternate between being best buddies and being worst enemies. Some days, they can play for hours and hours together - make belief play, dress up, legos, barbies, dolls, drawing etc.  On weekends when one wakes up earlier than the other, that one will somehow try to "accidentally" wake the other up too cos it's more fun to have a playmate.
Yet there are days when they start squabbling the minute they see each other.  I guess sisters will be sisters!

2017 also marked the last year of Erin being in kindy.  I mentally marked off each major kindy occasion of the year - sports day, concert, grand graduation and then her last day of wearing kindy uniform.  When we bought her Primary 1 uniform/shoes/socks/bag for her pre-orientation session in end Dec, I couldn't help getting all teary thinking "my little baby is growing up so fast!!"

Overall, I must say 2017 was a good year indeed. Work part was good too. I survived 2 years in my current position! haha. Things did get a lot better after the first year. And it is extremely gratifying that one of my recognised strengths at work is something that comes pretty naturally to me. (as opposed to other strengths that typically comes with loads of hard work!)

As with any year, there were ups and downs but definitely more ups.  Family, career, health, friends etc etc.... plenty to be grateful about!

Looking forward to an awesome 2018 ahead  :-)

2 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

Happy New Year!!

I know what you mean... I've been blogging less too and sometimes I do feel quite guilty in not keeping up with my girl's milestones and updates. Glad to know 2017 was great for you... and here's to an even better 2018!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your girls are so loving, holding hands and all. My girls fight a lot, sigh.