Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Homemade Play Dough

After reading many times about homemade play dough, I finally tried it out last weekend.

Recipe I used :

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoon cooking oil
1 cup water
Food coloring as needed

1. In a pot, mix the ingredients.
2. Cook on a medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or until mixture pulls away from sides of pan.
3. Remove from heat; let cool for 1 minute and then knead. It should have a soft, smooth texture.
4. Play dough can be stored in airtight containers and will keep for several weeks



Girls were super happy!

Elyssa wanted to show off her creations

This little one too!
So what if it's just bits and pieces of playdough??? hehehe. 
Super love her expression here  :-)


After the session, I just plopped the playdough into a covered plastic container and placed it in the fridge.

The very next day, they requested for another playdough session after I came back from work. No complaints from me! Told them they could only play after dinner, after bathing and after changing to PJs.   They got everything done super fast  :-)

Elyssa with her creations
 
 
Really happy with this homemade playdough. Easy to make, easy to handle, cheap, toxin-free and no "rubber" smell !   
 

5 comments:

Small Kucing said...

I did that too but haiz...boy will be boy...all he lump together and become....*tut*tut*.

The girls have dainty hands la. Can see she made the features very nicely

Stacy said...

Oihh pass some over! I have the recipe but didn't relish the thought of kneading and the colouring staining my fingers.

Health Freak Mommy said...

This is so cool! Love the colors too! I've always hated it whenever my girls play with play dough. How long do these last?

Ai Sakura said...

Great work! I've seen a lot of recipes too but too lazy to make :P Her enthusiasm for play dough doesn't last long enough for the effort!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

cre8tone said...

fun fun fun!