Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 22, 2012

Elyssa's FIRST Concert

 I cringed when Elyssa told me that her concert costume was "Green".  Followed by the words "Bright Green" and "Shiny,Shiny one!!". And she said her teacher was going to give them green long socks.   Yikes!!!  What were the organizers thinking?

With that in mind, the costume was still somehow better than expected  :-)

Anyway, I knew they were practising for the concert for weeks and weeks! Most of the time, she won't tell me the steps but there was one day when she relented. I smiled to myself when she showed me the steps, complete with the count, and who stands where and who says what.  Oh yeah, I heard her mutter once in during her afternoon nap too : "1,2,3,4"  "5,6,7,8".  So, she practised in her sleep too!!

The BIG day finally arrived......


Elyssa in her "green, shiny-shiny costume"
And with make-up! I put on light make up for her, but as expected, the teachers "painted" more.






Woo hoo.......good job Elyssa!  She didn't smile at all but she remembered all the steps.


Photo taken after the concert
She refused to let me hold her sausage bun!
Note : Sometimes, I think she likes school activities bcos they alwiz get sausage buns after that. She went on her second school trip recently, and when I asked about the trip, one of the things she said was "we got sausage bun!".  LOL.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Aah, now i see the similarity of the green costumes with those the girls wore at William's concert. But as a consolation, it's DIFFERENT lar, same material, but still got differences. How much you paid for that? william's lion suit cost us RM80.

She's a darling as usual, loves her food very much.

Stacy said...

Yes definitely better than expected. The flower garland on the hair completes the outfit, nice! Supposed to be some sort of forest elf?

cre8tone said...

Nice shinning costume!

cre8tone said...

Nice shinning costume!

Miracles in my life said...

I like that costume! Lol

Time for mummy to start making sausage buns for her? Lol

Mommy to Chumsy said...

awww...she's so pretty. i like her costume. reminds me of tinkerbell :)

Small Kucing said...

she look so sweet. no video?

Inspired Momx1 said...

She looks so pretty and sweet in the costume. :)

Ai Sakura said...

the dress wasn't too bad actually! like a garden fairy :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Health Freak Mommy said...

Not gaudy at all, in fact very nice. Reminds me of those little flying fairies/elves from those fairy cartoons.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Concert attires are supposed to be like that... shiny-shiny and in bold, bright colours. Elyssa looks pretty in green :)

Mummy Moon said...

Elyssa looks so beautiful and i like her concert costume.