Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Call Pan Experiments

I couldn't wait to try out my new Happy Call Pan when I received it last week! Paid SGD61.25 for it via Gmarket Singapore.


Started my experiments almost right away...


Experiment #1

Egg Omelette with Minced Pork, Mushroom and Tomato
Outcome : When I flip the pan, I find the omelette kinda bunches up at one end. Didn't help that my "transfer skills" from the pan to the plate were shaky too.

But I think it was still one of the nicest looking omelette I've ever produced! He he.

Happy? : Yes.



Experiment #2
Minced Pork Cutlet with Dried Prawns and Garlic
(should add Salted Fish also, but I didn't have any)
Outcome : Not pretty looking, but I LOVED it! Yummy n easy.

I got the recipe from MIL some time back, but never got round to making it cos I was turned off by the thought of splattering oil or uncooked insides. I was super pleased that it was so easy to cook with the HCP.

Yay!!!!

Happy? : Yes, VERY!!!


Experiment #3
Pan Fried Salmon with Broccoli
Outcome : My first time frying salmon. (I generally hate frying fish!) There were some oil-splatters cos I kept opening up the pan to peek. ;)
Skin was not crispy but I wasn't really bothered since I am not too keen on fish skin anyway. Gave the skin to Elyssa who happily ate ALL of it.

While I cooked the salmon, I washed and cut the broccoli. After the salmon was done, I poured out all the oil then chucked in the broccoli for a while.
Yay, easy peasy carb-free meal!

Happy? : Yes!


So far, I am a Happy Owner. Can't wait to experiment more! :-)

17 comments:

LittleLamb said...

oh...u too..joined the wagon. i m still wondering how is this different from a Tefal? cos in Tefal, we dont have to use much oil.

Kristie said...

Wow you've joined the club! If I ever do get one, it's because I hate oil splatters from fish frying too ;-)

Unknown said...

Wow, first was Barb and now you...Adrine u are such a good mummy at work and in the kitchen too. That salmon dish looks yummy.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ahhh...you are on a cooking roll here :) glad you are enjoying the happy call pan. happy happy happy.

Small Kucing said...

of course ler happy :)

Stacy said...

Hmm don't see anything that my normal Tefal pan, with a cover borrowed from a Tefal pot, cannot do... hehehe.

Adrine said...

Rachel & Chi2 - I think there are 2 extra adv of HCP compared to Tefal (and Tefal with cover!):
1. With the HCP, it's sealed tight so food cooks faster. I think there's supposed to be a bit of a pressure cooker effect.
2. Can flip the whole pan. Great for eggs!

He hee.. novice cook like me need all the help I can get in the kitchen!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Love all your wholesome, happy meals :) Now, I'm really tempted to get one too. I haven't fried a single fish in years!

Health Freak Mommy said...

I am very, very, very tempted to buy HCP too! Now that I am going to be maid-less very soon, I think more reason why I shd ask my brother in Spore to help me buy. You mean totally no need to open the cover to check on the fish / chicken while frying? Just rotate turning the pan over with lid covered during frying and that's it ah??

Chinneeq said...

Adrine, post more k. I wanna see how convenient this pan can be and if it is really that magical as many claimed.

MeRy said...

Sound good...may consider to get one for myself too...:)

Merryn said...

the salmon looks good! i use my Tefal for all of the above and am quite happy with it too. i dunno if i'll like the happy call pan as i dislike to totally close my food when cooking and have to keep on peeking... but i like the outcome of ur salmon :)

Adrine said...

HweiLi - Ha ha....I'm like u. Can count with my fingers how many times I've fried fish b4!

Shireen - yes, go buy! No need to open the cover once u know roughly know how long it takes to cook something. I wasn't sure so I kept peeking.

ChinNee - u bought also rite? Do share your stories!

MeRy - he he...google it and you'll be tempted :)

Merryn - after a while, no need to keep peeking la! Can just agak-agak when it will be ready :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

I used to have one of those but somehow I did not like it very much so I gave it away:D

Ai Sakura said...

well done!! *clap clap clap*
my mum loves using it too :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Mummy Moon said...

Glad to know about your happy experience over HCP!

ZMM said...

Oh Wow..... another HCP!