Last weekend was a nice n quiet weekend mainly spent at home. Some random photos-
1) After her Gymboree class, Elyssa "helped" me to fold clothes.
Erhmm..... so dark, how to fold clothes?
2) On Saturday night, we had dinner at TGIF, Subang Parade with my old school friend and family . Heh hehhh....... we had a nice chat while Elyssa was being entertained :)
Or more like the poor guy got bullied by Elyssa. I could hear her say things like "throw higher", "throw like that", "must go high high".
3) And of course, I played with my new toy. ( I am soooo addicted!)
On Saturday, I baked a loaf of wholemeal bread with raisins, walnuts and oats. The bread turned out really ugly looking!
But luckily it tasted good! First time I used whole meal flour and I was really relieved that it wasn't a heavy loaf. And after slicing the bread, it didn't look so ugly. Phew.
I packed some for my school friend
On Sunday, I baked wholemeal bread again using the same recipe. I ran out of walnuts so I replaced them with chocolate chips. I love choc chips in bread! Not so healthy compared to walnuts but once in a while, ok lah!
At least I didn't get a mis-shapen lump of bread this time :)
Packed some for friends at work
As always, the weekend just flew by. Can't believe it's Monday already!
About her: 1. Weight : 13.6kg Height : approx 84cm
2. She thinks everything is about her - every time someone says the word "two" or "years", she loudly proclaims "I am two and half years old" ;) Yup, so when my mum tells the maid to cook two cups of rice, she goes - "I am two and a half years old". Or when we ask how many years warranty, she goes - "I am two and a half years old".
Ha ha....since both are pretty common everyday words, we hear the statement very often!!
3. She is still in the "I want to do myself" mode. No joke. Recently, she happily helped push her baby cousin's bouncinet from one end of the living room, maneuvering past the playpen to the patio. The bouncinet got stuck a little so my mum tried to help her. She started crying and screaming in protest! Then she dragged the bouncinet all the way back to the original corner of the living room and started the same process again - while screaming angrily all the way.
4. She loves pedaling her tricycle at the patio of my parent's house.
5. She loves TALKING!! And she fully expects a response from the person she's talking to. If no response, she just repeats herself louder and louder until the person has no choice but to respond. He hee... she's definitely persistent!
6. Sometimes she surprises us with the things she remembers, but sometimes her memory is like a sieve. Had a couple more of bad memory situations when we tried to make her remember certain words. But what I learned is when it happens, it's best not to pursue the same method of grilling but to completely change the sentence structure or context. The few times I tried this new method, she had no problems remembering the words. Hmm..... I really don't know why!
7. She has been counting from one to ten for months now, but she still doesn't know what it means. I've just started playing counting games with her (I take out 10 packets of instant coffee - then we take turns requesting and giving each other an x number of packets, with plenty of cheering and clapping when it is correct) so I hope she can grasp the concept pretty soon.
8. My favourite part of our nightly routine is when she kisses me on the mouth and then says "Good night. Sweet dreams. I love you mummy". :)
Used my Kitchenaid Mixer today and again and I'm happy with the outcome. I just luuurrve my new toy !!
Ta daa.......... the second loaf of bread that I've baked in my life.
Still got plenty of room to learn though. My first loaf of bread was actually a little salty. For today, the level of saltiness turned out ok, but some parts were a little damp - must remember to reduce a little bit of water when I replace sugar with honey. Also, I think I undermeasured the flour a bit.
Actually, I kinda thought that today's attempt would be a complete failure when I looked at the soggy dough. (for a moment, I thought what if yesterday's attempt was just beginners luck and what if I will forever and ever end up making lumps of bricks????) So Yes, I did a little dance of joy when I saw the outcome. :)
Yay.....Bread texture turned out fine
Freshly baked bread for tomorrow's breakfast. One container for me, one for my parents. I think they are starting to love my new toy too :)
After almost one year of contemplating, I finally decided to get myself a new toy last weekend. Yay !!!! Yup, a Kitchenaid Mixer.
Actually, after the decision to buy one, the next big decision was what colour. He he.... that's the problem when there's so many choices! Baby Pink? Boysenberry? Black? Red? Almond? Silver? In the end, I shortlisted to two choices - Boysenberry or Bright Red. Seriously...I stood at the counter for a good half hour staring at both models in front of me. My head was telling me NOT to get red since it's the most common colour but my heart was telling me go for it! Decided to follow my heart and I'm glad I did cos I just love, love, love the bright colour in my kitchen!!
My new baby
My first loaf of bread. Ok lah.... not exactly "pretty looking" but I'm still pleased with my first attempt :)
Inside view of my Raisin and Chocolate Chip Bread with Rolled Oats
All ready for breakfast tomorrow. This lot is for my parents :)
I just loooooovvvvve my new toy!!! He heee.... I think "someone" got a little jealous cos he said mebbe I should put my new toy next to me in when I sleep at night and he sleep in the guest room instead ;)
Haven't updated this blog for a while as the home modem got hit by lightning (again!) recently. And hubby is taking this opportunity to change service provider who can only come by and install on Oct 11!!! Bleah........ I absolutely hate not having internet connection at home!!
So, just a quick post today before I leave the office. I have a nice piece of cod fish defrosting in the fridge so I don't want to go home too late to prepare a quick dinner :)
Anyway, just wanted to post some photos taken recently during MIL's birthday.
Happy MIL with her 3 grandchildren.
Just look at Elyssa's happy face. You would think it's HER birthday !!
Elyssa just loves it when she has additional playmates She prepared duck soup for Ku Jie. Ha ha... poor rubber duckie!!
Then she had a blast playing ball with Pak Pak and Chloe jie jie