Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Time with Mummy

I had last Friday off in lieu of the King's Birthday on Saturday. Hubby was working that day so I took Elyssa out for a full day.

We started our day with a leisurely "kopitiam" breakfast, then shopping, then lunch with daddy (met up with him as he left his wallet in my car), more shopping and then had a nice afternoon tea. Nice mummy-daughter bonding time :)

Shopping wise, it was pretty unproductive (I ended up with only one pair of workpants!) but I really enjoyed the time spent together. It was pretty easy to handle Elyssa alone. When I tried on clothes, she happily entertained herself with the mirror. When I walked around, she obediently walked by my side. When it came to food time, well... as usual she was happy. There were occasional cranky times but it was manageable.

I also discovered a cafe called "Departure Lounge" and I absolutely loved it! Spent quite some time there just reading a book and enjoying my cafe latte and carrot cake :)

Photos taken at Departure Lounge :



As expected, the day ended much too soon!

The next morning, it was also a mummy-daughter affair as I brought her for a meet-up with 2 of my friends and their kids. Well, both of us had a good time! I enjoyed yakking and catching up with my friends. Elyssa enjoyed playing in the pool, eating sandwiches, watching tv and playing with the toys that were in my friend's condo (there were LOT of toys -enough to start a playschool!).


In the swimming pool - it was an unplanned dip, so she went in with her panties and a borrowed t-shirt :)


Playing with toys


So that was one and half days of "Mummy & Elyssa" time. I really love this stage where I can bring her out on my own :)

8 comments:

Alice Law said...

Ohhh... look at the latte, it looked really delicious( I used to be a coffee lover)! I reckon Elyssa really had fun playing with her friends!^-^

Please enjoy your holidaying week!

Unknown said...

Wah, so nice can walk beside you... my William will run off and I end up like a crazy parent chasing after him! Enjoy a book and latte with him around? no way! William is possessive!!

LittleLamb said...

ah...u can do this more often..:)

cre8tone said...

Wonderful moment!~

Kristie said...

yes there should always be mother and daughter bonding, and also daddy and daughter bonding! :)

Luckily my hubby is very close to jayden... so i love to see how the both of them bond and manja hahahah

Irene said...

wah good leh, u can read a book with Elyssa in tow. i wish i can do that too! the cafe looks nice, cosy

Mummy Gwen said...

Elyssa is very 'guai'. It's a good mother-daughter bonding time indeed. I'm glad I have Gwen around with me and I always enjoy going out with her alone. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Elyssa is so easy to handle, very guai lah!
Yea, must bring her out more often..