Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

My DSLR

I finally bought my DSLR! I've been thinking about it for some time : whether to get a better digital camera to replace my old Olympus or to get an oh-so-bulky DSLR. Finally decided on the later so that I can get better shots of my little princess.

The next big dilemma was of course what brand and model. That was an even more difficult decision. In the end, it was down to Canon 1000D or Nikon D60. Final decision was Canon as it fit into my main criteria - low entry price (just in case I get bored with this new hobby) with the option of upgrading lenses and whatnot accessories later. (apparently for Nikon, better lenses are only compatible for D80 model onwards. D80 costs RM3k plus which is beyond my budget.

So I dragged hubby and Elyssa along with me to Low Yat Plaza last weekend. Final damage to my pocket was RM 2,080 for the Canon 1000D, 4 GB 60x memory card, camera bag, tripod, lens protector and LCD protector sheet.

I tried to read the manual on Sunday night, and it could have easily been french!! I tried again last night and nearly fell asleep. Keh kehh... I think I need to get a photography book with colour pages.

6 comments:

andrewjune said...

congratulations on your new baby! photography can be a very costly hobby but you will enjoy looking at all those photos of your little princess!

Unknown said...

wow. let us see more more pics now!! to make your investment worth it... hehe

Daddy said...

WOW! I wish i have that too. Emmm...Maybe if I save enough I will be able to change mine. My dream for a DSLR....So, we will be waiting for more cool pictures....

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow..somebody have a new TOY..hehe..Hope to see more pics of yr little Elyssa soon.

allthingspurple said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog earlier. Reading manuals, yes, its a killer. I rather conduct a cross examination in court than to read a manual.haha. Nothing less than an automatic for this gal

shooi said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of DSLR. I oso bot one recently and I loved it! No regrets. The quality is so much better than the PNS cameras.

Join a photogrp, that's the best way to learn. It is really not as diff as we think. Practice makes perfect.